National Cheeseburger Day is celebrated every year on September 18. This food holiday provides an opportunity to celebrate one of the most delicious burgers. You can celebrate this day by eating cheeseburgers with friends and family. Many food chains and eateries offer deals and discounts for National Cheeseburger Day, so you can grab some at a discount for your loved ones.
National Cheeseburger Day will be celebrated on Monday, September 18, 2023.
Mouth-watering cheeseburger recipe for National Cheeseburger Day.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1.5 cup cheddar cheese
- 6-8 slices cheddar cheese(or any other cheese that you prefer)
- 6-8 buns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon BBQ seasoning
- Optional toppings: sliced red onions, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, mustard sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup, etc.
Homemade BBQ Seasoning Ingredients and Directions
- ¾ tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Store in an airtight container for future uses. You can also use it on steaks, chicken, corn on the cob, etc.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Thoroughly mix the beef, bbq seasoning, and shredded cheddar cheese in a bowl. Divide the ground beef into 6-8 portions depending on how big you want your patties, and form into patties. Make a slight indentation in the center of the patties. Place the patties on the preheated grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes from each side or to desired doneness. Once the patties are done, place a slice of cheese on the top of each patty and let sit over indirect heat for a minute or two. Some of you might want to add more than one cheese slice.
Meanwhile, toast the buns. Add the patties and your favorite toppings to the buns and serve immediately.
Smashed Cheeseburger Recipe
You can also try this quick and easy recipe on National Cheeseburger Day.