Read a Book Day is celebrated annually on September 6. To celebrate this day you can read a book, gift a book to someone, host a book reading party, and donate books to a library. Teachers can arrange classroom activities to celebrate Read a Book Day.
Read a Book Day will be celebrated on Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
Motivational Quotes About Reading
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Fran Lebowitz (American author and public speaker, born in 1950)
“We read to know we’re not alone.”
― William Nicholson (British playwright and novelist, born in 1948)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.”
― George R.R. Martin (American author and television producer, born in 1948)
“′Classic′ – a book which people praise and don’t read.”
― Mark Twain (American writer, humorist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer, 1835 – 1910)
“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
― Stephen King (American author, born in 1947)
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”
― Cassandra Clare (American author, born in 1973)
Interesting Facts About Books And Reading
- The fear of running out of something to read is called Abibliophobia.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling is the fastest-selling book in history, which sold 8.3 million copies in the first 24 hours following its release on 21 Jully 2007.
- Deepak Sharma Bajagain from Nepal made a world record of the longest marathon reading aloud. H read aloud for over 113 hours in September 2008.
- The world’s highest library is located on the 60th floor of the JW Marriott Hotel in Shanghai. It is 757.5 ft above the street level.
- Did you know that there is a word for the smell of a good book? It’s Bibliosmia.