World Mental Health Day is observed every year on October 10th. The main objective of celebrating this day is to raise awareness of mental health issues and mobilize efforts in support of mental health. Did you know that 1 person dies of suicide every 40 seconds? About 800,000 people die by suicide every year. The theme of the 2019 World Health day was “focus on suicide prevention”. Some of the common mental conditions and disorders are depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, dementia, ADD, ADHD, and autism.
World Mental Health Day will be observed on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
Mental Health Quotes
“Healing takes time, and asking for help is a courageous step.”
– Mariska Hargitay (American actress, born in 1964)
“You don’t need to find a lesson in your trauma.”
– Jordan Pickell (Trauma and relationship therapist in Vancouver, BC)
“Tough times never last, but tough people do!”
– Robert Schuller (American pastor, motivational speaker, and author, 1926 – 1926)
“Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.”
– Walter Anderson (American author and editor)
“If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.”
– Selena Gomez (American actress and singer, born in 1992)